Well, it's August 2nd, the due date, and she is not here yet!! While this is actually quite common to not arrive on the actual due date, it would definitely be nice! Let's see, since my last post, we've done some things....
Brandon had his last day at the Rollins Summer Tennis Camp on Friday (YAY!), so now he'll have a couple of days to relax before the fun begins! Friday night we went to BD's Mongolian Grill (YUMMY) with our friends Ben & Ellen, and Drew & Julie.... then of course, to Jeremiah's afterwards!! Gosh, it's an obsession... and their new flavor, Sweet Child of Lime, YUM! Tastes just like a key lime pie!!!
Saturday Brandon went golfing for the first half of the day while I went to the Altamonte Mall with my mom to do some walking! We did a lot - got to the mall at 10:30... lunch at 12-1:30 (Ale House - mmm... Capt Jack's!) then back to the mall till about 4pm! Needless to say, I was tired afterwards! Bran and I continued the walking around the neighborhood with the dogs that night (our nightly routine) and then relaxed.. we were spent!
Today, we slept in a little bit, then Brandon and Drew did an hour erg at the boathouse, while I went to Einstein for a bagel, then walked down the street by the boathouse for 20 mins while they finished up. After that, we headed to my parent's house for a dip in the pool and some yummy burgers! Drew and Julie even came over with their Publix subs to eat and chat for a bit. While we were out, we stopped at Publix for a little grocery shopping/stocking up on essentials before heading home! Now, relax time.. the sun/walking/erging takes a lot of energy out of you!
Physically, I'm still doing fine. I would definitely not classify my 'situation' as "miserable", but uncomfortable at times. I have better days than others, but I really can't complain. Yes, she's definitely getting bigger and bigger, which makes it very tight around my lower belly/groin area (which is the uncomfortable part), but I haven't had any sciatica, back pain, or swelling. I get some serious twinges of pelvic pressure/pain every once in a while from her pushing down and on nerves (sometimes it shoots down my legs), but it's only temporary and lasts for a couple of seconds at most. My cravings are picking up now, fortunately it's only been these last couple of weeks, because it's for the ice cream, chocolate, sweets, etc.... everything else just doesn't appeal to me or taste good. Dinner selection is very annoying and I'm extremely indecisive (which Brandon LOVES! ha) Sometimes I get a decent nights sleep (still trips to the bathroom), but other nights I'm up a lot and can't fall back asleep/get comfortable. So, that's a continual struggle, but again, not half as bad as some women get it at this time in the pregnancy!
So again, we continue to wait. And YES, I know "she'll come when she's ready!" EVERYONE keeps telling me this, and I KNOW! Wherever I go I get stopped to ask/comment, "Oh my gosh, you're ready to pop!" so I must be looking quite obese these days! haha But we know she'll be here by Friday!!!! Crazy to think that the time has come, and so quickly! I have my next appointment on Tuesday, at 8:30am to do a NST (Non Stress Test) and another ultrasound, just to make sure she's doing ok in there, since I'll be past my due date by then. HOPEFULLY, I will have progressed a little more, so my induction on Friday (if necessary) won't be too rough. I'm sure everything will be fine :) we just hope for more effacement or dilation!!!
Ok, this was a long one... until Tuesday - the "Past Due Appointment" post.... stay tuned!!


No comments:
Post a Comment