Let's see, since my last post, we've had some interesting stuff happen. Last Friday, Diana, Nana, and Papa Mac came over to visit and do dinner with us for the night, but were interrupted by a disturbing phone call from Ryan. While driving on I-75 from Tampa to Gainesville, his back tire blew and sent him out of control into the guardrail. Fortunately, he was perfectly ok (shaken up of course) but not injured, nor was anyone else involved in the accident. Needless to say, that ended the visit right away and Brandon and Diana drove to go get him and bring him home. We are very thankful it was not a worse situation and he is ok.
On Saturday, Brandon had a crew meeting to go to in the morning, and I actually slipped out of the house to go to a friend's housewarming party for an hour or so around 2:30pm.
Since dinner was not made on Friday night (Shrimp Scampi), Diana and Ryan decided to come over Saturday evening to make up for it. I, however, already had plans to go to dinner with Amber and her family to celebrate her 26th birthday, so I did not get to visit with the family that night. This was actually an eventful night - since I had started pumping, we wanted to introduce the bottle to Avalyn once a day so she would be used to it and be able to switch back and forth once I started work in a couple of weeks. So, Saturday night was a perfect opportunity for Brandon to introduce the bottle to her, and I could stay out with Amber and not stress about rushing home to feed her. With that, Avalyn took 3.5 oz that night from the bottle without a fret! Yay!! I had an enjoyable evening with Amber and the Yu's at Kobe and came home to a happy and full baby (I did have to pump when I got home though). So, it was a good day!
Sunday was a little bit busier - we had more visitors. My friend Kristen Walkotten stopped by to see Avalyn for the little bit she was awake. Then we decided to go to Ryan and Kelly's house for dinner, and before we left, my parents stopped by on their way home from the beach for a quick visit on our way out. The Pistor family was also at Ryan and Kelly's house, so there was a house full of babies :) It was a good time - good to get out, good to see friends, and Avalyn did well with the new environment. We took her little travel bed with us so she could nap at their house, but Sloane is quite vocal these days, so I think she didn't sleep as soundly as she normally does in our quiet house! So, it was a busy day!
This week has been going well as usual. Brandon started crew practice this week, so he hasn't been getting home till about 7:30 each night, which is hard (for him more than me I think since he only sees her for an hour before bed). It makes a long and lonely day for me, but I'm managing... the time passes quickly with so many naps/feedings, diaper changes... I'm quite the chatterbox when he gets home though... rambling on about the day's activities... I had the giggles last night I was so delirious!
I know I continue to say this, but I think she REALLY was going through a growth spurt these past couple of days. Our nursing time increased from the 10 mins a side to at least 13-18 mins, and from both sides... sometimes every 2 hours. So, I think she was demanding more milk (hence, nursing longer and more frequently) to get her through her growth spurt. She had an incredibly sleepy day yesterday, and is back to her shorter sessions (about 12-13 mins) every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. So, I think this was the real thing this time! haha.. let's see how many more times I say that!
OH, we also gave her her first 'real' bath on Tuesday... I know, we put it off for awhile due to our weird schedules. But she did really well with it - didn't fuss until we took her out and put her in her towel to dry her off!! So I think she enjoyed it! The pictures are on the shutterfly site at http://avalyngracethompson.shutterfly.com/ If you're not a member yet, let us know so we can add you..
Her night sleep is continuing as it has been - 3-4 1/2 hour blocks at a time.... We are continuing the bottle at night - it gives Bran some bonding time with her too :) Her gas is about the same... I think she's beginning to feel how to push it out herself, as we heard her farting in the middle of the night.. so, that's a good sign I guess! I also hear the 'explosion of poop' on the baby monitor sometimes, while she's napping.. when before, she only 'pooped' during feedings or on the changing table when we 'lifted up her legs to wipe/change the diaper'... and we wonder why she projectile pooped everywhere!! Ha - we were helping to push it out!! We did get some Mylicon and Gripe Water from a friend to try, but we haven't seen the need for it yet... which is good. Hopefully it'll just 'work itself out'.. haha
Tomorrow I will be going to a "Mommy and Me" group for an hour in the morning. It was organized by a social worker I worked with in SCPS who delivered her 2nd child on Aug. 1st... there are other women from the county with recent additions going to be there too, so it will be nice to get out and see work friends and share mommy stories :)
This weekend is Labor Day weekend.. not sure what our plans are yet, but I'm sure we'll be gathering with family and/or friends at some point :) I know we have plans to get together with Drew and Julie tomorrow night.
That's it for now - until next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment