Well I apologize for my late post. A lot has happened since that post and I'll try to remember what occurred.
I had my 6-week checkup after the last post - everything is in tip-top shape and I have recovered beautifully. Dr. D'Heureux was able to see Avalyn (although she was dead asleep!) and we gave her an announcement to hang in the office. We continued to monitor her sinus congestions, which she battled a little bit longer. She really hated getting her snot sucked out by the bulb syringe - but who doesn't!! She's all better now though :)
Friday I did go to my Mommy-and-me group for an hour - it was nice to get out and Avalyn had a great time! The first picture is actually her in a Boppy pillow smiling at another baby - completely on her own. She LOVED seeing the other kids and just had a great time, so I'm glad I went!
We actually got a template of our countertops made sometime that week too, so we went to Lowe's and got tile for our backsplash over the weekend. The countertops were installed on Tuesday, the 22nd and look AWESOME! We actually put up the backsplash on Sunday, the 27th, and that looks great too - just need to grout. I am amazed at how much it changes the look of the kitchen - sooo beautiful!! So, that's super exciting!
In preparation of going back to work, Nana came over on the 21st, 24th, and 25th to learn our routines and practice feedings and such. I had my New Employee Orientation (NEO) on the 23rd and my mom watched her for the couple of hours I was away. Emme came over on Thursday afternoon and stayed the night till Saturday afternoon. We were able to go out on Friday and do some shopping and run errands, while Nana did her practice run with Avalyn alone. It was quite interesting, as I had to pump in the car at one point!! THAT was fun! Brandon was going hunting after school on Friday night and Saturday morning, so it was nice to have Emme stay the night with me while he was away. The girls from my School Psych program also came over that Friday night to catch up - the last picture is Cathy's baby, Jackson, and Emme and Delia holding the babies. Amanda, Sarah, Kristen W., and Kristen Y. were also there, so it was very nice to see the girls again and to meet baby Jackson! Although he was due AFTER Avalyn, he came 1 month and 1 day early :)
Saturday, the 26th, Diana, Nana, Papa Mac and Lindsay came over to watch the FSU vs. USF game.... not a good game if you're an FSU fan.. Emme left around 2 to go to her niece's first birthday party. That night, (or early morning I should say) Brandon left to go duck hunting with Shawn at 4am, and Avalyn was not up for her regular mid-night feed. So, he let her sleep and she lasted till about 6, stirred a bit, but didn't get up till 7am!!! So, that was her first night "sleeping through the night"!!! We're on our way to getting her consistently through - this was the first step! Mega huge for us - I felt so proud! She even woke up happy and smiling at me when I picked her up - such a great feeling and sight! Amber was in the area that morning (from the night before) so she stopped by at 7:30am and was able to spend some time with Avalyn who was a happy girl! I think Sunday is her time to drop in and see her little pumpkin :)
Monday I took Avalyn to see Brandon and his co-workers at Lake Silver. He was showing her off to all his friends - such a proud daddy!! Of course he wouldn't allow any kids within a 10 ft radius of her :) Then I headed up to my work to see what I had to work with before I brought stuff down, and of course, show them our little bundle of joy! Fortunately it was a teacher work day for Seminole County, or else no one would have gotten anything done with her there - she stole the show! It was quite an overwhelming day, and she was definitely overtired and overstimulated from all the visitors and activity.. but she did well. That night (last night) she didn't need a feeding during the night again - just a diaper change at 2:20am, and then she started stirring at 6am.. so, again, we're making progress towards our 8 hour stretch of sleep!!! Wahoo!!
Today I started work. The long anticipated/dreaded day had arrived and I think it went better than I expected. It was hard to leave her in the morning - I definitely started to tear up as I handed her off, but I knew she was in good hands. At work, it was an easy day - I got my desk set up, did 1 evaluation, ate lunch, pumped 3 times, and sat in on a meeting at the end of the day. Very relaxed, so I was thankful for that. I truly am soo fortunate to have the job I have.. I couldn't have it better than if I wasn't working at all. I just have to get used to getting prepared the night before, so I have everything ready to go in the morning and I can feed her at 7am, before I leave at 7:25...
Tomorrow I'm actually hosting the Mommy-and-me group at my house, so it will be nice to not have to travel somewhere else... but it does mean a little vacuuming and cleaning to make it presentable :) We're having dinner with Drew and Julie tomorrow night (they're coming over) and then my parents are coming over possibly Thursday before they go out of town for a vacation this weekend. Julie's bridal shower is this Saturday, so I will be over there doing girly things while Bran watches Avalyn.
Avalyn has her 2-month checkup and first shots at 4pm on Monday... I made it late in the day so Bran could meet us there to help ME get through that! I'm not going to want to see her scream when she gets her shots!!! Otherwise, I'll just be getting through this first week of work - Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays are my days...
Until next time - I'll try to post pics of the kitchen soon..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment