We started off week 10 with a visit from Uncle Aaron and Jen on Oct. 12th. It was so nice that they came by, as Aaron hasn't seen Avalyn since she was 2 weeks old! He was much more comfortable around her, as she's not so 'fragile' now, and was just chilling with him for most of his visit! She was so happy to see her Uncle Aaron!! Brandon didn't have practice on that Monday and Tuesday, since Rollins had their 'fall break'... so it was nice to have him home early for a change :)
That Wednesday I went up to Babies R Us in Altamonte to help a friend set up her baby registry. I had my dad meet me up there so he could see Avalyn while I walked around the store with Stacey. I even got her a Halloween costume (which you'll have to wait to see the pics!) since it was half off :) She's going to be too cute!!
Friday, the 16th, Brandon had off from work, for whatever reason, so he was able to stay home and watch Avalyn, while I worked. She actually rolled from her belly to her back that day, with no help!! What a big girl! My parents came over that night to babysit while Bran and I went out for sushi on a 'date'. This is something new we are going to try to do every week - alternate grandparents as sitters on Friday nights so we can have a night to ourselves and the grandparents get consistent Avalyn time :)
She seems to have found her thumb now!! This picture is too cute - she was trying to finish out a nap in her swing, but of course, she busted out of the swaddle ( I was washing the velcro one), found her hands, and whoa, her THUMB, and is chowing down on it! It's so funny because her fingers are like, poking her eyes out, but she doesn't care! What a cutie patootie!
Saturday, we did our monthly grocery shopping - Costco and Publix... I just had to look back at when we last went, and it was October 5th! About a month and a half, wow! Sorry.. I was just wondering.. haha.. After our shopping adventure, Diana and Ryan came over to see Avalyn and watch the FSU game. Diana brought over 3 batches of cookie-making supplies, and we made chocolate chip, dark chocolate peanut butter chip, and white chocolate chip cookies!! Let's just say I've been eating cookies ALL WEEK, we had soooo many! But boy were they yummy!! The pic below is outside in our backyard of our pink plumeria! It's so gorgeous, and of course, there's a gorgeous little girl next to it :)
On Sunday we had some down time to ourselves. This weekend was beautiful weather, a bit chilly in the mornings and evenings, so Brandon was able to get some snuggle time in with Avalyn. Her onesie says, "My heart belongs to Daddy".
Here, he's reading the book, "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Seuss.. such a good one and she was listening so well :) She's becoming more content with just sitting and looking, or listening to you read or talk. She absolutely LOVES to be outside! If she gets fussy for whatever reason, just walk out the door and she stops INSTANTLY! We've been able to get out in the stroller a lot more and take walks around the neighborhood or down the trail, and she doesn't nap.. just looks at the trees and the sky and the whatever! She takes it all in!
This week, the 11th week, started my 4th week at work. Everything is going VERY well - it's SOOO laid back and not stressful - I LOVE IT! Sometimes, I honestly have nothing to do.. it's so nice! And of course, I'm still able to pump 2-3 times during the work day if necessary!
On Wednesday, the 21st, I went over to see Amber's new house. She is closing on the 28th, but we wanted to take a closer look at the inside and see what she needed to do before she moved in, like paint, clean, etc. I'm SOOO happy to have her down in Florida, and Altamonte Springs nonetheless!! Yay!! That day I also put Avalyn on a 3-hour feeding schedule, with now 4 naps during the day instead of 5 (with a 2.5 hr feeding schedule). She's old enough now to handle the longer stretch between feeds and longer waketime length afterwards. With that, she increased her intake from 4 oz. to around 5.5 oz! That of course is when it's in a bottle, while I'm at work.. I have no clue how much she takes out of me when I'm home :) She is definitely sleeping through the night now, occasionally she stirs at 5 or so, but it's pretty consistent from 10:30 (last feed) till at least 6:30am, when we get up. Since she still sleeps in the pack n play in our room at night (for convenience mostly), we think she wakes up around 6:30 because she hears all our noise... we're just not quite ready to move her out of the room completely :) She actually sleeps longer than that, since we have to wake her up at 10 for that last feed (bedtime at 7:45/8:00pm) and she's pretty much asleep for that feed anyways.. so, she's doing really well! Thursday, Diana came over during the day instead of Nana, since she had the day off and wanted to spend it with Avalyn. They had a wonderful time together :) We are so blessed to have family nearby to support us and watch Avalyn while I'm working!! Nana - WE LOVE YOU and can't thank you enough for what you're doing for us!!!! You and Avalyn are going to have such a great bond too - how special!
She continues to be all smiles after she wakes up, and for the majority of the day. She rarely fusses, only if she's tired (which she's also now rubbing her eyes!) or super duper hungry (typically just for that 7am feed, since it's been 9 hours since her last feed). We're working on rolling from belly to back, which she does a lot now, sitting up with assistance, tracking with our eyes, and just maintaining our head control in any position. She seems to have better hand/arm control, as she finds her fingers to suck on and rub her eyes, but she's also holding onto her pacifier sometimes, and pushing it in and out of her mouth (usually when she's in the swing or stroller).
This weekend is my birthday (Sunday), so tomorrow I'm going shopping with my mom during the day and then we're grilling out at night with the family. Sunday Bran and I hope to get out to a pumpkin patch (pics of course will follow) and then to dinner by ourselves to celebrate my birthday. That will be our 'date night' so Diana (Nona) will be babysitting, since it's 'her' week.
Here's a link to her website on shutterfly... http://avalyngracethompson.shutterfly.com/ where ALL her pics are posted and you can make prints from them. Let me know if you want to join and are not already a member.. I may have to send you 'an invitation'. Otherwise, enjoy the beautiful blue eyes!!
The 'children'.. minus Belle (who yes, is still alive)


No comments:
Post a Comment