Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Week 25 & 26

Wow.. she continues to crack me up!! I can't explain enough how much growth she's had this month - it's been so cool to watch her all of a sudden 'do something' one day! Sooo cool! Here's the recap..

Friday night we had my family over for dinner to celebrate Aaron's 34th birthday! Well, funny enough, the guest of honor didn't show up! Haha.. just kidding.. he was just fashionably late to his own party - poor thing fell asleep and didn't wake up till 9pm.. so, it was a late night for everyone, but always worth it! We got some great shots that night of our visitors with Avalyn :)

Aaron blowing out his candles

Avalyn with her Grandpa

She just LOVES him!

Grandma with Avalyn!

Avalyn with Uncle Ivan!

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE picture so far!!!!


Saturday, the 30th, was a rainy day full of nothing but relaxing and just spending time with family (me, Bran, & Ava). Sunday, the 31st, my friend Karin (who I used to work with) and her kids came over for a quick visit. They haven't seen Avalyn since she was like, 2 weeks old, and even then it was through the video monitor because she was sleeping! So, it was nice to see them and catch up a bit and have them see our little princess :) That night we started her on Sweet Peas - ones I made of course...

Avalyn with Erin, Karin's daughter

Avalyn with Erin and Logan, Karin's kids

Avalyn with Karin

Monday, February 1st, my mom and I went up to Leu Gardens with Avalyn for their monthly storytime. It was kinda a cloudy day, so we didn't stay much afterwards to walk around - we headed up to Old Navy, Babies R Us, and Houlihan's for some quick shopping while we were out and then back to the house while it rained the rest of the afternoon.

Tuesday, Feb. 2nd (my parent's 30th wedding anniversary!!!) was a rough day for Avalyn. She had a rash on her chin/cheek and leg, was fussy during the day, and didn't eat a lot of milk. So, we thought it may be a reaction to the sweet peas we introduced Sunday night and Monday afternoon. So, we're holding off on the peas for a couple of months and I actually traded out with a lady in my mommy group for some apples on Wednesday. That's a day we also noticed her really starting to JUMP in her exersaucer.. and when I say jump, and mean, she goes to town!! It's sooo funny to watch her just GO! That night, the 3rd, we started her on the apples and oh my gooness.... we laughed SOOO HARD watching her expression!!! Hilarious!! If you're a member of her shutterfly website, I posted a video of it for you to watch - check it out!

Here it comes...

The one-eyed expression...

Are you serious??

This is awfu!!

I feel as if I'm getting a little cold again right now, so I'm loading up on our herbal teas and trying to stay out of Avalyn's face (which is hard!). Hopefully it'll just pass over :) Tonight we're making pizza with Ryan and Diana, and then who knows for the weekend! It's Super Bowl Sunday this weekend, so I know we're going to stop by our friends Ben & Ellen's house for their party (it's also Ellen's b-day) for a bit, but otherwise, not sure.

Avalyn turns 6 MONTHS OLD TOMORROW!!!! I can't believe a half a year has gone by since she was in my tummy - crazy how quickly it goes by. But we continue to enjoy each and every day and all her new developments. I continue to breastfeed or pump, so she hasn't been on any formula yet. I am determined to do this for a year at least, and I feel that I've already gotten through the worst part, so why stop now! My dedication to her eating habits has also helped me to try and make her baby food, so hopefully I can keep this up for a good while too, which hopefully translates down the road into better eating habits than I have :) She sits up very well now - still now completely independently where I can sit her down and walk away (she'll fall backwards), but she sits for a good amount of time and plays with toys in her lap. She grabs things very well and reaches out for you or your face - so cute! She still only rolls from her belly to her back, but I know she'll go the other way when she wants to. She just doesn't seem to be motivated to go that way - she's very content with staying on her back. Actually, at night or during naps, the girl does not MOVE! She lays on her back, arms out, wiggles her legs/kicks them, and flops her head around, but that body does not move. Interesting.... not sure if it's a good thing or not (I mean, she's not scooting around into the side of the crib, so I have piece of mind at night, but at the same time, should she be moving around for development purposes?). But I have to continue to remind myself not to evaluate her everyday and scrutinize her every milestone timeline (this is hard since it's what I do for a living). I just think of it as being proactive observation rather than stressing meeting milestones :)

Look forward to her 6 month photo shoot - coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment