We continue to lead a busy and blessed life. I swear, I continue to be in awe of how fast she is developing - I keep saying "she's made such leaps this month" every month because she does! It's been a big month for her, developmentally, and I know it just continues each month.
We started Yellow Squash on the 24th, and she took to that pretty well. She seems to love all the squashes (butternut, acorn, zucchini, yellow) - I guess because they're pretty mild tasting. I had a busy week at work, Friday being the WORST day ever so far :( That night we also found out that our school calendars for next school year are totally different! We were planning to take a week long vacation the second week in August. We had to wait till that week because Brandon is the director of the summer tennis camp at Rollins, which starts right after school gets out in June, and ends on Avalyn's birthday - August 6th. Then, that following week - the 9th through the 15th - we were supposed to have off together, and then preplanning the next week after that. WELL, Seminole County decided to be super cool this year and bump up their start time by a week. Which means preplanning starts a week earlier as well, which happens to be the week we were planning to go away. Wait, it gets better. They have also changed our Thanksgiving Break back to just Wed-Friday, instead of the whole week (like Orange County), as well as our Winter Break! So for our winter break, we only have one week that overlaps, and of course, our Spring Breaks our different too! So basically, we have only one week off at the same time all year, and that's around the holidays, which is crazy time! I just don't understand why neighboring counties have different schedules - so many teachers work in one county and live in another, so their children are on one schedule for breaks while they're on another! How terrible for so many families who can't take vacations together until the summer! And if they work in the summer (which most do), then their plans are ruined like ours!!! I can't tell you enough how upset and frustrated I am over this! It just makes me so sad that we can't just take a vacation as a family all year - brings tears to my eyes again just thinking about it. Needless to say, Friday was a bad day :(
Saturday was a very cold and rainy day, so we went to the Science Center with Avalyn and met up with Amber and her sister Addison. While there's not much for a 6 month old to do there, Addison (almost 3 years) had a great time and Avalyn enjoyed seeing all the different things. She again, did not take an afternoon nap until the car ride home (4pm) and did ok! I'm learning that if she's stimulated and kept busy and out of the stroller/car seat, she can handle it! Yay! That night we also introduced her to peaches, which, she is not really a fan of! haaha
Sunday we didn't do much, but Avalyn started saying "Dadada"! It was so neat to hear her say a lot more consonant sounds, especially one that can mean something soon :) I was a little jealous that "dada" is coming out before "mama", but oh well.
Monday was a beautiful day and I went to Leu Gardens for storytime with Avalyn and my mom. We soaked up the sunshine a bit and then I headed over to visit Brandon at work. My friend Stacey also had her baby, Brayden, today - 16 days early - but he's doing great and weighed in at 6 lbs., 7 oz - 19 inches long! We went to Winnie Palmer and visited them in the hospital on Wednesday and oh my goodness, he's so tiny! I honestly can't remember Avalyn being that small! And how funny, everyone kept telling ME that when she was born, "Oh, you forget how small they were!" but it's sooo true! Avalyn's head was as big as his whole body!!! Too precious!
Today she had a rough day of napping with Nana, but she's doing well otherwise. I think her teeth are going to be poking out any day now - she's eating/chewing on everything like crazy, and really getting cranky in the afternoons sometimes. Her personality is shining through as well... I started her on bananas tonight -wow, she hates them!! Spit them right out as if I were crazy or something! We'll try again tomorrow :)
Tomorrow Diana is coming over to babysit instead of Nana, and this weekend is the first of many regattas to start off the crew season! If you want to see us, come to the lake Saturday morning!
Have a happy Friday!



No comments:
Post a Comment