On St. Patrick's Day I dressed her in every green piece of clothing I could find! She was too cute - here's a pic!
I also took a video that day of her watching Skye play with a ball! Sooo cute!!
Friday my mom came over to babysit, as Nana wasn't feeling well, and Brandon went out hunting that night for opening Turkey season. No, he didn't get anything. Avalyn was imitating "dada" very well, so we got it on video :)
Saturday morning was the last Rollins crew home regatta, so Avalyn and I trekked out there to watch the races. It was also my Dad's birthday! Brandon, Avalyn and I headed to the Cheesecake Factory after the regatta with some of the other alumni to have lunch and then we headed home. Avalyn did very well at the race and took a catnap while eating her lunch to refresh for the afternoon. Brandon headed out around 2:30 to go back to Bushnell to hunt that night and Sunday morning. My parents came over and I had my dad watch Avalyn while my mom and I ran out to the stores real quick to do some shopping. We got Avalyn a bath and dinner and a story with grandpa before bed.. here's some pics :)
Monday... oh Monday. Monday was not a good day. Our morning went ok, Avalyn was slightly crabby going down for her morning nap, but nothing terrible. Then, after she got up and we ate some lunch, I headed out to Publix to pick up some groceries. Well, as I pulled down the street, I heard this thunking on my tire, thinking I either had a flat or something was stuck in my wheel well. So upon my inspection, I found a huge screw sticking out of my rear driver side tire! How aggravating!! I made an immediate appointment at the dealership and headed over there. After waiting for over an hour with Avalyn, we were able to get out of there and back home. Of course Avalyn fell asleep in the car on the way home, as it was nap time now, but as soon as I tried to put her back down at the house she started freaking out! I thought she would go back to sleep, as she usually does, but NOPE! She was hysterical for about 30 mins, even after I was with her trying to comfort her! So, I fed her at this point, and she was still pretty worked up for a long time, and basically just didn't nap. Around 4pm I put her down for her nap, and she napped for 25 mins and woke up hysterical again! What's the deal? So, I gave her some Tylenol, thinking it was her tooth since she's been eating everything like crazy and the other one is due to come in soon. She was fine after about 20 mins and I decided to try to venture out to Publix. We were in desperate need of some food, so I had to go. Avalyn did surprisingly well and was fine the rest of the night! She went down for bed but woke up crying around 10:30 that night and couldn't go back to sleep! I had a feeling that would happen, since that was about the time the Tylenol would wear off, so I gave her some more and put her back down and she was fine throughout the night.
Tuesday she had a good day with Nana (not the best naps, but good temperament). I met some of my school psych friends at Panera at 5:30 (with Avalyn) to talk about doing a small group supervision thing to work towards our licensure. One of our old adjunct professors from UCF who works in Orange County agreed to supervise us in a small group format for the required 2 years, so we met to talk logistics and plan it out. However, after meeting and discussing, I don't think that is an avenue I can travel down at this time since it would take me double-time (4 years of supervision, 2 more general practice = 6 total years) since I'm only working part-time and you need so many hours. So, I'm not willing to sacrifice time with my family to do more work outside of work for 4 years!! Maybe in the future, but I really value my time with Avalyn on my off days, as well as my great working hours on regular days! That's why I accepted a part-time job in the first place! It's a tough decision for me, as it's something I really want to do and would enhance my professional career - and even give me a lot more options in the future for private practice - it's just not feasible for what I'm doing right now in my life.
Today we had a good day together. Avalyn's new thing is to play peek-a-boo with me. That is, she pulls the cloth over her face and then pulls it off to see me. SOOOOO cute - here's a video!
Here's some other cute pics from a nice day outside!
Milestones: We've been really working on her crawling skills, like getting on her knees and manipulting her hips. She doesn't seem to know what to do. She can turn in a circle on her tummy, but has no idea how to move forward. I think today she scooted a little backwards, which I guess is progress, but that's about it. Her babbling sounds are coming out very clear these days and sometimes I honestly thinks she's trying to say dog. She gets very excited now and pats her hands down excitedly, almost as if to clap. We're also working on introducing a sippy cup to her with water so she can get used to drinking from that. Today I had her try to eat acorn squash as a finger food. I put it on her tray in small bits and had her try to self-feed. She did ok with it - mashed it with her hands a bit, but got a small chunk with her fingers and put it in her mouth! Mega praise!! We'll continue to try that, as I know it's a major learning process :) But it was fun to watch her try that pincer grasp with squishy food. She's just a lot of fun right now, very observant, but also very interactive with you - I love it!!
I hope these videos came out!! Happy Wednesday!



No comments:
Post a Comment