I started this post off with the picture from when I went to brunch with my other mommy friends on June 6th... I didn't take the picture, so I had to wait until it was posted on Facebook before I could snag it for myself :) Hence why it's late on the blog...So, since the last blog post, Bran and I both finished up the school year at work. We went to his "end of the year" party on the 11th - at one of his coworker's house. Avalyn and I arrived fashionably late (as I had to go home and get her first), but she was of course a big hit at the party :) It's nice to go to these things with her because you get free babysitting! We left around 6pm, as Bran was going night fishing after she went to bed.
Saturday, the 12th, Brandon had a meeting at Rollins for the tennis camp, since that was starting on Monday. When he got home we went out to Party City, Dollar Tree, and Walmart to look around at party stuff for her birthday party and get some stuff at Walmart. Brandon started to really go through our garage and clean it out and reorganize it when we got home. It was a lot of work - made for a long day - but it looks great now! We even were able to sell our fish tank and some other little things laying around to someone in the neighborhood who saw all our stuff sitting out! That was easy! That night, however, drama started. Many of you know the story already, but here it goes again... I was woken up at 11:45pm by Brandon, telling me to call the cops while he loaded his shot gun, because someone was messing with his truck and our neighbor was following him around the neighborhood. I'm just going to copy the story from my neighbor, as it goes into good detail. Feel free to skip this part if you want..
The Incident: (from our neighbor's perspective)
I keep odd hours as I work for EA (Electronic Arts) making video games. I’m a Development Director there and we are getting down to the end of the development cycle and are working long hours to get Madden NFL 11 on store shelves. As such, I was doing my nightly walk. I was proceeding South on River Park Blvd approaching the 4-way corner at RPB/Esopus/Beaverkill. I heard someone walking up the sidewalk next to my house on Esopus, he was proceeding West towards the intersection walking right by my house. When he approached the intersection he turned left (South) and began to walk in front of my house. I was on the other side of the street and we were paralleling each other as he passed my house and a passed in front of the house across the street. I could tell that he was under the influence of something as he walked with a noticeable wobble and was dragging his feet in an abnormal gate. I see many people walking out at night usually, but that night he was the only person that I saw aside from Brandon, people in his residence, and the OCSO.
As he was passing in front of my house we both looked at each other, then he started to slow his walk. I started to pay attention to him closely now as he was right in front of my house. He continued to slow and came to a halt in rear of Brandon’s White Dodge Ram that was in his driveway. I was now at a standstill in front of the house across the street from Brandon’s house. I noticed the individual begin to manipulate the latch to the hard cover that is over the bed of the truck. Having apparently no success opening the truck bed cover, the individual then grabbed the license plate of the truck, crushed it and attempted to rip it from the bumper of the vehicle. At that point, I said in a raised voice “Seriously?”. I was shocked to see the individual do this as he had clearly seen me and knew that I was there walking. After my challenge, the individual started walking South again and exited the sidewalk for the street down the driveway of the house next to Brandon’s (looking at Brandon’s house it would be the house to the right).
At that point I also exited to the street paralleling his movement. I asked the individual “Do you know that person who owns that truck? Why did you just do that? Why did you touch his truck?” The only reply I got from the individual was “What?” I challenged again, “Why did you touch his truck? Why did you just mess with his truck?” Again the response was “What?” I was now roughly 12 feet from the man and got a very good look at him. We continued walking down the street, South. I challenged him 4 more times with the same question. “Why did you touch his truck?” No replies from the man this time.
I took out my cell phone and began to dial Brandon. We were rounding the corner now as RPB begins to turn West. I left a message on Brandon’s cell phone instructing him of what had happened to this point and that he should go check his truck for the damage that I saw done to it. I told the man, who had now sped up his walk and moved 15 feet in front on me, that I live right on the corner next to the house that had the truck that he had just vandalized and attempted to burgle. I advised him that I have video surveillance at my residence and that he should just tell me what he was thinking as I probably have him on video doing it. At this time he, with me following, has moved onto the sidewalk on the inside of the loop and are passing the mailboxes at the corner (the one that has the end box tilted back). It is clear to me at this time that he is under the influence of something as he is having a very hard time staying inside the bounds of the sidewalk. Very erratic walking, with clear balance issues. He is really trying to walk quickly now but is impeded by whatever he is on or under the influence of.
Brandon returns my call and I fill him in on what has happened so far. Brandon, I find out later, has contacted 911 and is out surveying the damage to the license plate on his vehicle. The individual and I are now approaching the “Cat Forest” that is near the main entrance to our subdivision when he suddenly runs up into a darkly lit yard and hides behind a tree. I am still on the phone with Brandon and narrating the laughable events that are occurring. Did he actually think that I didn’t see him run up into the yard and hide behind the tree? I stop when the man does this and he is looking out from behind a tree at me for a couple of minutes.
When it becomes clear that I still see him and he will not turn invisible, he scurries out from behind the tree and makes a rapid and confrontational advance on my position. I quickly back off into the middle of the street as at this point I am in fear of my safety. He’s not a big guy – stocky/chubby, but clearly under the influence of something. As he advances to the edge of the grass (almost in the street) I lift up the right side of my shirt to reveal that I am carrying a handgun which I am legally licensed in the state of Florida to conceal and carry concealed. I am at this time in fear for my safety. I put my hand on the weapon and give him a clear look that I am not to be trifled with.
We stare at each other for roughly a minute. He says “Cigarettes.” And turns and begin to walk back the way we came. As I’m still on the phone with Brandon I advise him that we are heading back towards him and we hang up. He is really trying to walk quickly now, but still having real problems keeping it on the sidewalk. I follow roughly 15 feet behind in silence, the gun I carry is now re-concealed. As he approaches the mailboxes he reaches in to his pocket and begins to fumble around for something. Thankfully, he pulls out keys. As he rounds the corner, he walks across the street, up to 2018 RPB, spends a couple of minutes fumbling with the keys and the door, and to my complete amazement walks inside. I am dumbfounded. This guy lives 7 houses or so down the street from me! He stands in the doorway for a minute and then walks inside and closes the door. Brandon saw him cross the street and go to 2018 RPB.I return back to my house and Brandon’s and we await the arrival of the Orange County Deputy. The event happened between 11:30 and 11:50pm. When the OCSO arrives, I detail the events as does Brandon. The description that I give OCSO is of a stocky built man, roughly 5’6” – 5’8” tall, with dark hair wearing dark pants and a green shirt. He has scruffy facial hair in a configuration that some would call a beard. The OCSO shows me a DMV picture and I identify the man as Roger Mouser (not sure on the spelling – they just told me his name), who lives at 2018 RPB. I file the affidavit with the OCSO. They go down to 2018 and try to get the person to come out but he will not. They know he is in there but he will not answer the door.
So, yeah.. this guy turns out to be the husband of the lady who is the President of our HOA!!! This is why it is so interesting, and there is continued drama now because it wasn't just some joe schmoe. Brandon used to be on the HOA board with this lady, but she was crazy, so he resigned, and they have had some conflicting agendas. Nothing major, just differences in opinions and such... but nothing to warrant him coming after our property. And what's funny, is that all this happened over a year ago!! So, why now all of a sudden?? WEIRD!!! So, we are continuing to deal with this drama in our neighborhood unfortunately. But that was our Saturday night!
Sunday we relaxed a bit since we were both drained from the late night episode. We headed over to Amber's for a bbq she was having around 4pm, and stayed till about 6:30pm or so. Always a nice time :)
Monday, Brandon started work with the Rollins Tennis Camp, and I worked from 8-3:30 that day, as well as Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I introduced her to pineapple on Monday, brown rice on Wednesday, and White Beans on Thursday. She now also eats bananas more regularly, as finger food, along with cut up pears. This week was busy for me since I haven't worked more than 2 days in a row in a REALLY long time!! I know.. pathetic.. but I'm not complaining - I love my job and my work schedule, but I just had to get used to that continued work for 4 days in a row! It was a lot!
Friday, the 18th, was Bran and I's actual 5 year anniversary! Since he was working during the day, Avalyn and I went to a Kindermusik playdate in College Park with Stacey and Brayden! It is basically a 45 min class of music, toys, and structured play in a group setting. She had a really good time and loved playing with the spikey balls :) She seems to be really interested in balls right now.
Since we were going away to the beach for the weekend for our anniversary, we just stayed in that night and watched a movie and relaxed.
Saturday we got ready to go to the beach and left after Avalyn's morning nap. We took her and the dogs to Diana's house for the night and then headed out to Melbourne Beach!
We got to the beach about 2:30 and the weather was BEAUTIFUL!!! We layed down by the beach for a couple of hours, then checked in, then went to the pool before getting ready for dinner.
We ate dinner at a place on the intercoastal called Squid Lips. It was a cute place to hang out if you're a local, but we waited a long time to sit.. However, it was worth it because the food was delicious! I had the sirloin and bacon-wrapped scallops with roasted red potatoes and YUMMY green beans! Let me tell you, I CLEANED MY PLATE! I think that's honestly the first time ever that I have done that! Brandon had redfish with crab on top, with potatoes and green beans - he ALSO cleared his plate! Were we just hungry?? We also had calamari as an appetizer in the bar while we waited for our table, and pineapple/coconut bread, which was actually really good! My how my palate has changed over the years!! I eat lots of different things now :) You all should be so proud of me :) haha We stopped at Wendy's on the way back to the hotel for some frosty's for dessert... that was $2.10 well spent :)
Sunday we got up and had breakfast in the hotel and then went out to the beach for a bit. It was SOO hot, that we took a long walk down the beach instead of just sitting there baking. The water was SO calm - people were out doing 'laps' in the ocean swimming and out on pool floats! I wish I had one! We went in the water the day before and just hung out for a bit in there it was so nice!
You know I have to do this when we go to the beach!! It's taken upsidedown because when I wrote it, I forgot that the sun would cast a shadow on it when you stood in front of it to take a pic! Duh!We went in the pool for a little while before checking out at noon. It was also Father's Day, so we left probably earlier than most would so Brandon could spend some time with Avalyn. AND, I was sick of pumping! haha
We came home and were exhausted!!! Amazing how doing nothing is so tiring! We had a wonderful time though and it was nice to just get away, just the two of us. Avalyn did fine with Diana and all is well!
Milestones: Avalyn STILL only has 2 teeth!! I swear those top 4 are all going to burst through at one time, because they all feel sooo close to poking through, but nothing yet! She verbally says "HI" and waves.. she waves bye on command, gives kisses on command, and actually listens when you say "give it to mommy". Surprisingly. She's really fast at crawling.. starting to try and walk on her own, but falls immediately. She seems pretty fearless though - launching forward to walk even though she can't yet. She cruises anything she can. She's VERY vocal now. She'll really imitate a lot of speech sounds and it sounds very close to the real word! She says "home" (it's really cute!), "mama", "Dad", "dog", "hi", "uh-oh", and "ball" at times...and just talks a bunch of jargon a lot. Taking her daily picture is somewhat difficult, as she doesn't like to be on her back and wants to eat the numbers.. so, that's always fun. She signs "milk", "more", and "all done" all the time, sometimes randomly, but definitely meaningfully too. I think she thinks "more" means she gets something to eat, since we always use it with food. So, we're working on the "eat" sign. She drinks out of her sippy cup like a champ and is getting really good at the pincer grasp with her fingers. She seems to prefer her left hand for things right now... hmm.. will she be a lefty I wonder?
Today my phone's touchscreen stopped working, so I basically couldn't use my phone for anything. I had to take it to the store to see if it'll be repairable... so I'm waiting on that to be finished. It's also my day for laundry.... yay for me :)
Tomorrow we're going to another Kindermusik playdate...I work Wednesday and Thursday of this week, and then I'm DONE till August 10th!!! Maybe I'll have more time to blog then - it is getting more difficult since she's up for longer periods of time now. Well, last week was hard since I worked almost every day and I don't like to blog while Bran's home so we can spend time together. But, I should be good now. Again, I'm doing this more for my own record of logging all these milestones and just things we did, as I don't remember anymore! I've looked back on my own blog several times and am so thankful I've been doing this to just keep a memory of it all! So, if you're reading, cool... thanks for following!












No comments:
Post a Comment