Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

December is a busy month!

Well, I've been meaning to blog for awhile now, but this month is turning out to be quite busy!! Christmas is approaching and we have been occupied with Drew and Julie's wedding events, which has been fun!

I honestly can't even tell you what we did those last 2 days in November, but December 2nd Bran and I went to the Magic game. I was able to snag some tickets (of course in the nose bleed section) for $10 each through a UCF alumni group rate, so it was a nice date night out with Bran while my parents watched Avalyn for the night. Thursday night I got my hair cut and highlighted (Avalyn was 17 weeks old that day) and then Friday night we took Avalyn to her first party! Brandon's hunting buddy, Tony, had a surprise 40th b-day party, so we took her out since we didn't have anyone come over to watch her on short notice. She hung in there until 5 mins before Tony arrived, and I missed the surprise since I was feeding her in the nearby bathroom... that's the joys of mommyhood :) haha... we left shortly after 7:30, as she was VERY cranky - too much noise and it was past her bedtime...

Saturday was a long day - Diana came over to babysit while Brandon went 'boating' with Drew, Shawn, and Drew's dad, and I went to Disney (MGM and Epcot) with Julie and her friends. It was their "Bachelor/Bachelorette" Day. It was an unfortunately cold and rainy day, so we didn't have the best weather to 'celebrate', but, we had a nice time nonetheless.

We all met up at this cute German restaurant in Sanford called The Willow Tree Cafe, which had great entertainment! They brought out this "Boot" of beer (3 L) that everyone had to drink/pass to finish it - craziness!!!
Here's Brandon, Drew, and Shawn with the empty beer "boot"


Sunday, Avalyn turned 4 months old!!! I can't believe it has been 4 months already!!! Amber came over for a quick visit in the morning, and then Bran, Ava and I went to Lowe's to pick out our Xmas tree!! We didn't have time to decorate it that night, but Brandon got the lights up on the outside of the house and pulled all the decorations out of the attic, while I took down the Fall decorations. We were still pretty exhausted from the day before.



Monday seemed to be the busiest day of my life!! It was just nonstop - Leu Gardens in the morning for storytime (which I met my mom there), then laundry and housework, then off to the pediatrician for Avalyn's 4 month visit, then over to my parent's house for dinner, then home. She weighed in at 14 lbs, 11oz., which is in the 75th percentile for her weight. She is now 24 inches long - 50th percentile, and her head circumference is still in the 50th percentile. SO, she has perfectly maintained her growth curve, keeping the exact same percentiles for everything since her last visit. Everything else checked out perfectly, and she got 2 more shots - the same as last time - the HiBv and DTaP... I was SO surprised at how she handled the shots. She cried for honestly, MAYBE 5 seconds as they stuck her, and then stopped and was fine! I was so proud of my big girl!! However, she missed her 3rd nap at that time and was very cranky the rest of the night... so, it was a busy day for everyone!

Mommy and Avalyn at Leu Gardens


Grandma and Avalyn at Leu Gardens
 
Tuesday night (or really, Wednesday morning) she woke up at 4 am for a couple of mins, went back to sleep, then woke up at 4:45 crying and distressed! So, I fed her, and put her back down and she went back to sleep. But that was the first time in a long time (since the growth spurt during Thanksgiving) she has woken up and cried earlier than 7am! So, I knew something was up, and I think it was because she didn't really eat too well on Tuesday, perhaps due to the vaccinations. She then had a cranky day on Wednesday too, not eating too well, and napping for only 35 mins at a time. Fun for me :) I had to go to my PCP that day to pick up my lab results, which, everything is perfect! I had labs done earlier in November for a life insurance policy, and I was denied coverage based on some minor elevations in my urine... however, upon repeat of the same tests, everything came back completely normal, and my Doc says that it was probably a lab error. So now I have to go through the appeals process to get them to give me coverage because I'm completely healthy! How annoying!!

Today, Dec. 10th, Avalyn is now 18 weeks old and had a good day. She has officially dropped her 4th nap I think, as she has been resistant to this nap for quite some time now. So instead of actually sleeping, I have her take some rest time in her room - we rock, sing, read books in dim light, and lay in our crib for a little bit. She's usually up from around 3pm-7:30pm, so I think it's important to still have some rest time during this stretch, as she's cranky if not. She was so silly today, it was so funny! She was squealing and eating her hands and just having a great time with herself - hilarious to watch! But you can tell she's beginning to definitely get a little personality on her - she grunts, scrunches up her fists and arches her back when she's mad - not cool! haha, already throwing a temper tantrum!! She's very perceptive of things and wants to be in on all the action. She notices when you leave, and does not like it if she can't see you! She's squealing a lot, eating her hands nonstop, and beginning to grab at things, somewhat purposefully. She rakes things with her fingers, like my shirt, my hair, necklaces and such, but everything is in the mouth. If she manages to grab a rattle or toy of some sort, it goes right to the mouth. And let me tell you about that thumb - man she LOVES it! If you take it out of her mouth, she tries to put it back in over and over and then gets upset if she realizes you won't let her  put it in her mouth! She just loves it!! It's cute to see her suck on it, but at the same time, she won't play with any toys because she's obsessed with sucking her thumb! So, we just try to take it out and say "You don't need your thumb now" so she can do something else with her hands! She's doing much better on her sitting up - still wobbly and leaning back, but she can hold herself up for about 5-10 seconds if she's in a good tripod position. Bedtime is at 7:30 and she seems to know it very well - conks out like she's been up all day! And what a sleeper she is - still doing the 11 1/2 hour stretch (despite Tuesday night) like a champ... thank you Babywise! I can't tell you enough how wonderful that is!

This weekend is another busy one for us. Tomorrow we're both doing wedding stuff with Drew & Julie. I have nail appointments and Brandon's going golfing with the boys. Then rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at night... Nana will be here during the day and then my parents are coming at 4pm to take over for the night shift :) Saturday is the big day and Diana will be spending the night with the dogs while we're at the wedding and then the hotel that night. It'll be a fun weekend, but also a lot of pumping for me!! I'll be able to feed her at 7 and 10am on Saturday morning, so that'll be good, but then bottles the rest of the day and the next morning. I just fear that she'll reject me if I go too long without her nursing... but she loves it so much that I don't think that will happen :)


But we finally got the xmas decorations up and the tree decorated! It's finally looking like Christmas around here and the cards will be in the mail tomorrow! Yay!

Enjoy the weekend!!
http://avalyngracethompson.shutterfly.com    

No comments:

Post a Comment