Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Is it really May already?

Wow.. I know I keep saying this, but time is seriously just whizzing on by! It's already May, and Avalyn is 9 months old TODAY!!! Whoa... she's going to be 1 before I know it! (Pics later..)

We continue to be very busy these days. I don't know what it is about the springtime, but it's just a busy time of the year! We had the Sports Banquet at Rollins on the 27th (Happy Birthday Amanda) and that completed the banquets for the year. Wednesday I met Amber for lunch at Panera in Altamonte, which was really nice since it had been over a month since we saw each other! I mean really... a MONTH! So, it was a MUST to meet up :) Here's a pic:
Avalyn with her Auntie Amber!

So, while we were there we ran into Mr. Tombros, an old AP of Lake Brantley, and a really fun guy. He remembered me and of course was surprised and happy to see/meet Avalyn! Of course I got mobbed again in Panera - all to look at the "pretty little girl"! I swear.. everywhere I go people stop me and comment on how beautiful she is and they flirt with her and everything! This one lady (shortly after that picture was taken) was from Brazil and was speaking Brazilian or something and was practically grabbing Avalyn out of Amber's arms she wanted to "eat her up" so much! I was getting really weirded out because it was just a bit over the top. I can handle the smiling and waving and cutsy talk, but when you're gesturing for her to come in your arms - BACK AWAY sister!! Maybe in Brazil, but don't you even THINK about touching my child! So, I was glad we were finished with our lunch and I could get the heck out of there!!  I mean, it's a nice compliment to hear how everyone else thinks she's so beautiful, but sometimes it's a little annoying b/c I can't just go somewhere without being stopped or talked to.

Anyways... I introduced sugar snap peas to her on that Friday... she's eating new things like a champ, so this didn't phase her in the slightest.. it's just another thing to shove in her mouth. I just hope these good eating habits keep up as she gets older and she doesn't take the "Aubrey Diet" of carbs and protein - no vegs or fruit.. I'll have to eat in the closet so she doesn't see me eating! haha

Saturday, May 1st Brandon had morning  practice and I hung out around the house, tidying up. We had Drew and Julie come over for dinner, which we hadn't seen them in over a month either. (Man, what have we been doing??) I was kind of in a 'funk' that day and just didn't feel very social I guess.. so I"m sorry Drew and Julie if I wasn't the most outgoing person... I thought my period (sorry, this is a lot of info, but I haven't gotten it since Oct. 26, 2008!!!) was coming (crampy, irritable) but it hasn't yet (no complaints here!), so I'm not sure what my deal was! It's been busy at work so maybe I was just a little stressed or something.. not sure. It WAS nice to see them and I did try to be social...

Sunday morning I went over to visit with Amber for some more quality time while Brandon went golfing with Drew. Amber recently went to the Grand Canyon with her boyfriend so I was able to look at all her amazing pictures and just catch up with my friend. Since we got there about 9:30, Avalyn was able to take a nap until 11, which gave me that undivided attention to Amber :)  I stopped by my parents house on the way home since I was practically down the street. Avalyndid some really nice tummy time on all fours and was rocking back and forth nicely. It was the most activity outside her crib that I've seen her do, so we were very excited!! I got home in time for her to go down for her second nap, and then once she got up, we put her on her tummy again and WOW - We were SHOCKED at the progress she made over a couple of hours!! Here's the video:

CRAZINESS!! So, needless to say, she's 'creeping' now, in a slithering/army-style way. It's not the prettiest sight to watch but hey, we'll take it! She's able to get what she wants by 'moving foward' toward it. She'll eventually get up and move better.. I'm not worried about it :) We were just sooo excited to see her finally putting this concept of moving forward together - you could tell she was getting frustrated because she knew she wanted to get something, but she just didn't know how to make her body move in such a way to do it!

Monday I went to Leu Gardens, my typical first-Monday-of-the-month routine. I met some of my girlfriends up there with their children: Cathy and Jackson, Cheryl and Lainey, and Stacey and Brayden! I forgot my camera that morning (tsk, tsk!) but Stacey had hers and was able to snag a shot of us in the HOT HOT weather!! We were sweating to death - not fun...

Stacey & Brayden (2 months) and Aubrey & Avalyn at Leu Gardens!

After Leu Gardens I popped over to Lake Silver Elementary to visit Brandon at work. Since he has his last crew trip to Philadelphia this weekend (left today) I wanted to make sure he got to spend as much time with Avalyn as he could. Plus, Leu Gardens is so close to his work that it's silly not to stop by - it's perfect timing with his lunch break by the time we're done with storytime and hanging with our friends. Later that day we went for a walk when we were at home, and man, was it HOT! The summer heat and humidity is definitely here already and I'm already wanting it to be back to the 70's. How do we get through the summer each year? How did I get through the summer LAST YEAR when I was SUPER PREGNANT?? I don't know how I did it!! When we got back from our walk we went in the hot tub, which is now basically a pool since we turned the heat down to 86. It was the ideal temperature for Avalyn - not too cold, but not hot either.. so it was refreshing for me and fun for her! She was a little less enthusiastic as the pool at the beach, but I think it's because it's such a more confined space than a large pool. Whatever - it gives us a chance to get her acclamated to water and comfortable in it, and I can teach her the skills I learned when I was a lifeguard/water safety instructor back in high school. I had to whip out the old books of course and freshen up, but it's nothing I can't teach myself :)

Tuesday was just another day... Wednesday Brandon went to the Kennedy Space Center with the 5th grade on a field trip. I was going to go with Avalyn since teachers and babies get in free, but Bran wasn't sure of the specifics of the trip and what they were going to be doing, so we decided it would be best if I stayed home. I was able to relax a bit and get some little things done around the house, since it was rainy and gloomy out and not a good day to be out and about. We took some videos of her and I having a tickle-fest and her laughing, as well as her pointing at Skye and saying "Dog".



She's getting really good at putting the "g" sound at the end too, I'm impressed! And the pointing, man, she's really good at that. I've noticed that she points and talks to me as she points, as if to label it in her own language right now. I just look, tell her what it is, and sometimes she attempts to imitate what I said. She came close to saying "ball" the other day... I think she's in the middle of a language explosion or something, because she's really talking a lot lately... and understanding a lot more language too.

Today is her 9-month birthday! I took some pictures for her 'photo shoot', but I haven't uploaded them yet, so I'll get on that asap :) The Magic game is on and I'm obviously trying to blog and watch that and Grey's Anatomy all at the same time :)  Brandon left this morning for Philadelphia for the Dad Vail Regatta and will be back Saturday night.

Ok.. I'll get going on those pics now, but I'll leave you with a video of her drinking out of her sippy cup with a straw (4-30-10) and talking and playing with Daddy (5-1-10).



No comments:

Post a Comment