Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful...

I realize that I blog a lot about just daily life activities, but not of my gratitude for the many blessings in my life.

First and foremost I am thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died for my sins. It is through Him that all things are possible. I do not thank him enough for this.

I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a lifelong companion who I call my best friend. My husband is a hard-working man who makes many sacrifices for his family. He works two jobs (three if you count a job over the summer), cooks almost every night, takes care of the yard work and general handyman stuff around the house, and helps me with Avalyn at any moment he can (to name a few). For some reason, he loves me for who I am and accepts the entire 'me', despite all my flaws and crazy ways of doing things. I do not thank him enough for all he does and I should, as I could not live without him.

My beautiful daughter is an amazing miracle and I feel so richly blessed to have her in my life. I tear up just thinking about her sometimes and how so many people struggle with fertility. Lord, thank you so much for this blessing and her easy-going, happy, and 'goofy' disposition. It has made our lives so much fuller and I thank you thank you thank you! I can't express in words how I feel about her sometimes, and I'm sure any parent reading this can relate - it's such a different and deeper love.

Family. We are VERY blessed to have a loving, supportive, and giving family. Not only are they alive and well, they live CLOSE! When you have children, family is the world. I have always wanted my children to have a special and close relationship to their grandparents, and living close is the only way to make that possible. Both our families are within 30 minutes of us, which can seem like a far drive at times, but in reality, it's nothing. In New York City that would be like, 2 blocks away if you took a cab :). Our families are there for us when we need a babysitter, buy Avalyn needed 'stuff', and love on her till she's blue in the face! Brandon's Nana is one of the most giving women I know. Not only does she babysit while I'm at work 3 days a week, she does it for free, which is HUGE. I am so thankful for Nana and how she puts up with my 'control-freak' self and my ways of doing things with Avalyn. I really am quite picky and peticular with how I like things done, and she supports the way we want to raise our child. I never think twice about Avalyn during the day because I know she's in the best hands (other than my own or Brandon's) and that is such a wonderful feeling!

And despite all the 'drama' with worldly pleasures, politics, law, and entertainment, I am so thankful for the material possessions I am able to have and provide for my family. It seems like a terrible time in or economy right now, with the housing market upsidedown and banks going under, etc. and yes, I am victim to the poor economy. However, I still am able to pay my bills and put food on the table (of course, Brandon cooked it!). I have a JOB, and one that I love doing! That in itself is a blessing that many people cannot claim. The luxury of a beautiful house that keeps me safe and protected, a car to transport me from place to place, and even the microwave to cook food in helps me every day of my life. I take many of these things for granted each day and it can easily be taken away in a second. Sometimes I think we need to remember all the blessings we DO have in life and not dwell on what we don't have... it could be a lot worse!

I really could go on and on about all my blessings... not meaning to brag or be boastful, but honestly to show thanks for those who have helped us along the way. I honestly appreciate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment