Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

a little behind on the blogging...

Ok.. I let it happen again. I went too long without blogging, and now there's a lot to write about. Most of it can be done in the form of pictures and videos :) thankfully!!  But here are the highlights:

Friday, May 14th, I had my psychologist girlfriends over for our monthly get-together. It was sad this time, however, as only 3 could make it! We made our own pizza though, instead of just buying some, so that was at least more fun! AND, I actually got pics this time :)


Elyse and Avalyn 5-14-10


Kristen and Avalyn with her "O" face!!


Avalyn, aka "O"facer, with Kristen W.!

Yes, that is her new face. Well, it WAS her new face... she goes through them quickly, but that one lasted for a while and was sooo funny!! She just loved to do it with anyone as often as she could!

Saturday, we went to Sloane's 2nd birthday party at Lake Sybelia Point Park in Maitland around 11:30am, then headed back home to bbq with Diana, Ryan, Erika, Nana, Papa, and Papa Mac for Diana, Ryan, and Brandon's birthday celebration. Their birthdays are really close together, so this was the first time we could actually all get together and celebrate!  Here are some of the highlights:


Avalyn with her Nona, while playing with bubbles outside


Bubbles!!!


Talking (well, Avalyn wanted to touch his nose) with Papa Mac (her Great-GREAT Grandfather!!)

This just cracks me up!!! The "O" face returns!!

Sunday, the 16th, Amber came over for a visit for a little bit. We started Avalyn on Black Beans -which she likes. The Orlando Magic had their first game in the Eastern Conference Finals... Avalyn was pumped up - check her out!


The "O" face AGAIN!!! GOOOO MAGIC!!


I think she looks like a girl from the '80's here.. too cute!

She is now walking really well when she's holding onto you or a push walker.. watch her GO!


Here's another video that Nana took when she was watching her on the 18th. She can now pull up to a stand on just about anything, but here she wasn't going to do it, and decided to play "smashy face" with the playpen screen! Too cute!


Wednesday, the 19th, we had our friends Greg, Carrie, and their daughter, Kayla, over for dinner. Thursday I introduced Avalyn to Papaya. Friday, the 21st, I recorded this really cute video of Brandon chasing Avalyn in the living room.... too cute!!! (sorry, everything is "too cute" with her!)


Saturday, the 22nd, we headed out to Apopka for Krista's 1st birthday party, the daughter of a lady in my Mommy group.


I LOVE her new bows and her pigtails!!!


Her other face is to close her eyes and sorta smile.. what a goof-ball!

Since we were out in the area, we stopped by the Perrone's house for a visit, and then by my parent's house on the way home. It was a late night and a busy day!

Sunday, I think we just relaxed a bit around the house, then headed to Houlihan's down the street to celebrate Carrie's 30th birthday.  Monday I introduced Apricots to Avalyn...

Wednesday was a BIG developmental day for Avalyn. Wow. She really is crawling on her knees now, and pulling up to a stand on everything! I found her sitting up in her crib when I went in to get her from a nap!! Here's a video of her crawling!


This is her "new" face:


The KISSY face!!

Liz and her sister Rachel came to visit that afternoon. It was SOO nice to see them, as I haven't seen Liz in a REALLY long time!!


Rachel, Avalyn, and Liz!


Avalyn and Auntie Liz!

After Liz and Rachel left, I got some really cute pics of Avalyn while Brandon was vacuuming. She was standing against her jumper/exersaucer and was just cracking up at Brandon vacuuming! Haha!!










This is when Brandon actually started vacuuming in the playroom :)

Brandon and I went to Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals that night, fortunate that the Magic won Game 4 in Boston to even bring the game back to Orlando!! Aaron and Jen came over to "babysit" (which at this point, was just monitor-sitting since she was asleep at 7pm) since it was a late game. We had an AWESOME time, but it was a busy week of late nights, so we were both really tired all week. Our friend Greg went to the game too, so we met up with them around 7:30 before and did some pregameing outside the arena.


Bran and I outside the arena


Inside the arena at our seats - actually pretty good! We had SO much fun!!

Thursday, the 27th, we went in to get Avalyn up and found her like this!! (Of course we knew she was like this, because we have a video monitor).


Look at this big girl standing up!!!


Peek-a-boo, we see you!!

After work I went to Bahama Breeze in Altamonte to get together with my fellow Psychologists in Seminole County to celebrate our hard work this year.

Friday, after work I picked up Avalyn from home and we met Brandon at The Tap Room, in the Dubsdread golf club for dinner. He was celebrating with HIS coworkers for the end of the year too... although they will be celebrating in 2 weeks again :) We like to celebrate :)

Saturday, the 29th, we headed out to Lakeland for my friend from grad school, Delia's wedding shower. We dropped Avalyn off at Nona's on the way and hung out down there from 2-5:30 or so. We got back home around 7:45 that night.. another late night for us. I was starting to come down with a cold that week, most likely the product of lack of sleep and some stress, and went to bed early.

Sunday we went over to my parent's house to do some swimming and visit with my family. I introduced Avalyn to Garbanzo Beans today. We did get rained out a little bit, but nonetheless, Avalyn was ready for the pool!!


The sunglasses/goggles were too much!! She actually kept them on for awhile too!

Today, Memorial Day, was a regular Monday to me since I'm always off on Mondays, but it felt like a Sunday since Brandon was home. Diana, Nana, Lindsay and Papa Mac came over to grill out for a little bit and see Avalyn. Since she's so active now, I think SHE wore THEM out!! She wants to just go, go, go with walking! It'll be nice when she can do it on her own and we don't have to bend over and walk everywhere with her! It hurts your back after a while!!

I've been compiling her "daily pictures" to date in a slideshow format, and I just wanted to share the video with you. It's obviously not complete yet, since she's not a year old, but you can see where we're going with this. I am SOO happy I did this - it wasn't too hard since it's just part of our nightly routine - and the overall effect of the movie is fantastic. If no one else likes it, oh well. I DO. :)



Ok.. that was a LOT!! Hope you're still awake!!! Happy Memorial Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment