Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Emme's visit.... GATOR hunting!

Ok, so after 4 long months, Emme Decker made an appearance at my house on Saturday, August 21! Wahoo!! It had been such a long time since I had seen her - I missed her a lot! She has been super super busy with whatever she does these days... I'm just so glad she was able to come up for a visit!

Avalyn with her Auntie Emme!


Lovin' on the pillow...

Brandon was at crew meetings most of the day on Saturday, while Emme was here. He did get home around 4:30 or so, just before she left. We chilled that night, as Brandon's been working on lesson plans and getting set up to be back in a classroom this year. He's been doing resource for a couple of years now, so it's a pretty big deal to be back in a classroom. He'll only be teaching Math and Science though, as they do a switch with the other teacher who teaches Language Arts and Social Studies... so, at least he just has to focus on those two subjects. However, he'll technically have twice the kids and twice the grading of papers/homework/tests... so we'll see how many things I end up grading this year :) I don't miss doing that at all!

Sunday we just hung out at the house. Brandon cut the lawn while Avalyn played in one of her little blow-up pools outside on the porch with me. She is so funny. She LOVES water - she kept crawling in and out of the pool, going to her water table, then splashing back in the pool and just splashing around. She LOVES it! Which is good because hello... we live in FL. She needs to be comfortable in the water!  I also ran to Publix to  pick up a few groceries, then back home for dinner.

That night, Brandon went out Gator Hunting with Shawn around 7:30pm. Around 1:00am I get woken up by Brandon, Mr. Gator Hunter saying to come check out the gator he caught before they cut it all up!!!! Whoa! Talk about a wake-up call! Here are the pics :)


Brandon with his kill...


He looks kinda tiny here..


Yes, that's blood on my driveway


His head with the big hole in it! Nice!

So now I have a dead gator sitting in a cooler in the garage. Isn't that swell? They have to soak it in bleach for 24 hours to kill the bacteria and algae on it before they skin it and cut it up. Very nice....

So, who wants some gator tail?

Today is Brandon's first day with the kids, and of course, he pushed his snooze button on his alarm and was running late. Then he called me to find out if he indeed, left his lesson plans and books on the couch. Yep... he did. Great way to start off the year. Fortunately, not much teaching is done on the first day.

Ok.. laundry calls... bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment