Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 16, 2010

Trials of potty training...

Ok, so Day 2 and 3 of potty training were not quite as successful as Day 1.

Day 2 review: only 2 eliminations on the potty today... one (pee) in the morning and 1 (pee) after dinner. I swear, I felt like we were on the potty all day. I tried to put her on like, every 30 minutes, but it seemed as if she would always go in between potty times.... like, right after we just were on the potty, or right before! Grrr.... frustrating!

Yesterday I DID get out to see Eat Pray Love with Amber at 4:10 at the Winter Park Village. It was a girl's day/night out while Brandon watched Avalyn. And while the company was great (always fun with my BFF!), the movie was not so much. I enjoyed reading the book and expected the movie to be a shortened version of the book, but was irritated when they changed things! Like really? Was the original story not good enough for movie drama? I hate it when they do that... I'm sure a lot of readers will agree. Amber came over to the house afterwards and we had some of the yummy pulled pork from Avalyn's party (the last of it!) for dinner and it was still yummy :)

Day 3 of potty training: again, only 2 eliminations on the potty. 1 (pee) in the morning after waking up and 1 (poop) after dinner. That seems to be her 'time of the day' where she consistently poops, so it's fairly easy to predict and get her on the potty for that. I think she knows exactly what to do at that time too... seems natural and comes easy for her. But again, I felt like we were on the potty all day. I know that she is only 12 months old and is in NO way really understanding what we're doing right now, but it's hard to teach her when it's difficult to catch her before she goes potty so that she can begin to make the association to learn what to do! So, that's where I"m getting a little frustrated! It seems the only other option is to just do everything on the potty all day - eat on the potty, sleep on the potty, play on the potty... YEAH RIGHT! But I just kept missing the times when she would go, or she would go right after we were there for what seemed like 10 minutes! Ahhh!! I just want to hear that little musical chime so I can praise her for peeing! Goodness, is that so much to ask?! haha... in time.. I know.. whatever! I guess I'm ahead of the game no matter how I look at it, because other mom's with 12 month olds (at least all my friends) are definitely not doing this with their kids right now! So, we're good :)

Everyone think poopy (on the potty) thoughts for Day 4 :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment