Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Forgot some stuff... and the trials of potty training continues...

So in my post yesterday I forgot to mention that my friend from grad school, Caity [Pratt] Stemle and her husband Matt were in town from Washington (the state) and stopped by for a visit around 6ish.. Always good to see friends you haven't seen in awhile!!  At the same time they were leaving, Ryan and his girlfriend, Erika were arriving to spend the night so that they could be here in the morning to babysit. Nana has the week off to tend to her husband who is recovering from a heart valve replacement and bypass surgery. My mom will be here on Thursday and Friday to cover.

ALSO last night, Brandon left to go.... GATOR HUNTING! I swear, he's trying to hunt anything he can. His motto is, "something's going to die tonight" (which does sound a little morbid), but we haven't actually seen anything 'die' in quite awhile... He came home around 1:00am I think, with all his appendages, and no gator. Apparently they did not run into any that were large enough (for their own personal preference) in Lake Jesup.

Day 4 of potty training: 2 eliminations on the potty today - 1 poop in the morning and 1 pee sometime during the day with Ryan and Erika.  Of course, we/they tried multiple times to 'catch her' before the act, with little success. Here's a picture of her on the potty :)

Reading her books on the potty :)

After work today I came home to find Kristen Young, another grad school friend, at my door to pay a quick visit and drop off presents for Avalyn! She happened to be in the area for a meeting and was supposed to come AFTER the meeting, but came before :) Always good to see her - it's been awhile (she just moved into a new house, so she's been busy with that!). But it must be grad school friend week, as that's my second visitor, and Emme is supposed to come over on Saturday!!! I haven't seen her since APRIL, so hopefully our plans work out to meet up!!! If anyone else from grad school (if anyone actually reads all this blah-blah I write) wants to come over this week too, go ahead! It seems to be 'the' week!

And can I just mention that I"m in love with my daughter? She is just the cutest thing alive... for REAL! We were eating dinner tonight at the table and Avalyn was eating her 'dessert' (yogurt melts) one at a time. Well, she would eat one, then say "MO" (which sounds like 'mome') and then sign "please", and then open her mouth wide open to show you she was finished eating and ready for the next one! Soooo cute! We have taught her to 'show us your mouth' or "let us see" so we can check for food in the pockets of those big cheeks! Gosh I love her! Or, she's say "MO" and sign please, and then give you this "pretty-please" grin at you! Like honestly, can I refuse that? I'm going to be in big trouble with those eyes...

Bran's going hunting again tomorrow morning... let's continue the prayers for him coming home with all his pieces in tact :)

No comments:

Post a Comment