Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Parties.. New Tooth.. Presents :)

I think I'm going to have to say that this summer is the busiest summer of my life. The constant go-go-go of my summer plans is beginning to catch up to me. I'm now tired at night. My body is tired. Not to mention that I'm starting to really get ready for Avalyn's party this Saturday.. cleaning things one at a time... I'm now tired.

What's making me so tired? Well if you've been reading my previous posts, you've heard of the continual plans, day in and day out. Here is last week's recap:
 Monday, the 26th we continued to take advantage of the Gymboree unlimited classes during July and went to a Music class at noon. These classes have a lot more 'babies' in it and is more low-key. Avalyn would be all over that small space if I let her loose.. so I'm glad I did'nt sign up and actually pay for that class. Just not active enough for her. Cute, yes... somewhat boring.. yes. BUT, it gets us out of the house for an hour and around some other babies and music. so, we went. That's actually all we did on Monday. I think I actually chilled at home a little bit after our busy wedding/party weekend.

Tuesday, the 27th, I had a Mommy group outing planned to Pottery Barn Kids at the Mall at Millenia for their storytime. I had gotten to the mall earlier (around 10:30) and walked around to see if I needed to get anything. Once I passed the Godiva chocolate store I remembered I had a lovely $25 gift card there from xmas!! Wahhoooo!! I would hit that up later :) We met up with some friends at 11am at the store, ready to hear a cute story and then eat lunch and walk around the mall. However, once the 'storyteller' got started, we knew it was a bad idea. This poor guy was about 20 yrs old, feminine, and spoke in a high, soft-pitched voice. He read a book with more text than pictures, was too small to even see the pictures, and then proceeded to ask Kindergarten-1st grade questions after he read a line.. "So, why did the squirrel not take the cup?"... I mean, really? I'm actually surprised I even HEARD that question... SO, we left.  We went up to the food court and grabbed lunch and then let the kids play in this open carpeted area in the middle of the food court. It was ok - nice and open so the kids could just run/walk/crawl around, but there were also bigger kids there running back and forth like crazy, so you had to be on guard (because obviously other parents don't watch their kids who run into little babies...). Here's a pic:


Age order: Krista - 13.5 months, Nathan - 13 months, Corrine - 12 months, Holli - 12 months, Avalyn - 11.5 months

After playing for a bit we headed back downstairs to hit up the Godiva store and Bath & Body Works for some hand soap. I honestly can't believe I had that gift card sitting in my wallet for so long!! The problem is that Waterford Lakes is my main shopping 'mall' I go to.. but it doesn't have a Godiva store in it, since it's like an outside mall... and there just isn't one there. So, I just haven't had the opportunity to use it. Well, all that pent up desire for chocolate kicked in and I spent the WHOLE THING on a LOT of chocolate! $25 actually can buy you a lot of chocolate, if you spend it on the right things. I got 3 huge bars of chocolate, about 7 or 8 truffles, and some Oreo bark.. YUMMY!! The truffles and bark were gone in like, 2 days.. maybe. I actually still have 2 big bars left.. just finished up the one.  THANK YOU RYAN FOR THE GIFT CARD!!! We left the mall after that.. me scarfing chocolate down on the way home, and that was pretty much our day.

Wednesday, the 28th, we did our typical Gymboree class at 12:45. She continues to love it and is really adventurous and likes to climb and tumble. She is fearless... We also went to Publix for some things and then later to Walmart for some ammo for Bran and a couple party supplies. Otherwise, that's it for the day. At night I've been working on party stuff, as I'm making some decorations for her party... you'll see :)


Avalyn's favorite thing to do - give kisses :)
Thursday.... I'm just going to nickname this day as SUPER BUSY DAY. Wow.. here we go. I got up, fed Avalyn, then strapped her into the carseat for a ride to Kissimmee to pick up yet another replacement phone. It got sent to Diana's house b/c we're on her account for our cell phones, so, it had to be sent there. Because yes, something else was wrong with the replacement phone - the aux jack wasn't working properly when I plugged it into my car, so we complained about it on the way to the wedding last weekend and then sent me another replacement and I had to get it and mail my phone back to them within 15 days. So, I had to pick it up.. I basically just did a swap at the house - I grabbed the phone and then gave Ryan back his Harry Potter series that I borrowed at Christmas, but never read. Oh well. I can always borrow them again :). On the way home we stopped at Karin Kelly's house to pick up some laminating sheets I needed to laminate the 'project' I've been working on for her party. Got home, tried to put Avalyn down for her nap and my friend Stacey and her son, Brayden came over for a visit. We visited for a while, Avalyn wasn't tired so I got her up and we all played for a bit. She left at 11:30 and we had lunch and played at the house. She went down for a nap, I got her up, fed her, then headed off to the dealership to meet Bran so I could drop off my car for an oil change. We went to Open Gym at Gymboree (this is around 3:15pm now) while they worked on my car and it was ready at 4:30pm. We picked up my car and headed back home. Then, we decided we wanted to go out to eat because Bran was going hunting all weekend. So, we packed up again and headed to Ale House for some yummy food (I love their zingers!). It stormed pretty bad while we were there. But the cool thing about this night was Avalyn's quick learning and her ability to now sign "Please". She honestly just picked this up today. The sign is an open hand rubbed in a circular motion against your chest, but she kinda just rubs her chest all over.. so cute! Here's a video:



Friday, the 30th, Brandon checked into work but then left to come home and get me because we went to visit his grandfather in the hospital. He had been having fluid in his lungs and chest pains and they figured out he had a leaky valve. So they needed to replace it and his surgery was scheduled for 1pm today for a valve replacement and bypass. So we went to FL Hospital here in Orlando and visited with him and Nana and Papa Mac till about 1pm. They unfortunately didn't take him into surgery to get prepped till about 4pm, and he was out around 7pm I believe, with everything going well. Bran left to go hunting around 4pm, and my parents came over to stay the night around 6pm. We made tacos and Avalyn opened an unexpected gift from Julia, my host mom from Australia! She's so great!!


Avalyn opening her "prezzies" as they call them :)


She sent us a Bronte Beach calendar (where we lived), an adorable book for Avalyn, and of course, TIM TAMS!!!


The world's yummiest cookie!

Seriously.... the best. I found out that you can now buy them in the States at some Pepperidge Farm stores, or even Publix I heard.. but they're not the same :) Julia, you just made my year :)

Saturday, the 31st, was another birthday party. The only bad thing with having friends that have babies all the same age is the continual parties!! Today was Jackson's party down in Titusville - a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse themed party and Avalyn dressed for the occasion. She had a Minnie Mouse cheerleader outfit that my friend, Kaytee got her and it was so cute on her! Here are some pics from the party:


Avalyn looking at the toys around her


An almost candid picture, with a weird smile...


Trying to kiss the bow..


And now it's on her head :)


And, the birthday boy with his outfit on that I made him! His shorts have an Mickey emblem on the corner with a "j" in the middle (but you can't see it)

My parents spent the night again that night, but Brandon's allergies were acting up really bad so he actually came home around midnight that night. I introduced cheese to Avalyn today, and she actually was trying to stand up on her own, without holding on to anything.. she did it about 3 times.

Sunday, August 1st, was ANOTHER birthday party!! This one was for Camden, just 10 mins away in the Waterford area.. Bran was able to come with me to celebrate Camden's birthday - a block themed party. Here are some pics:


The birthday boy in the outfit I  made him :)


Avalyn riding the zebra and waving to Mommy :)


Avalyn's playing with Krista's bow


Literally diving into the ball pit.. she's obsessed with balls


And, happy!


The mommies and babies: Avalyn - almost 12 months, Camden - 12 months, Lydia - almost 13 months, and Krista - 14.5 months


Happy babies!!!

Monday, August 2nd, we stayed up and missed nap time to go to Leu Gardens' storytime at 10. However, since it's so darn hot out, we got there early, around 9am, and met some friends to walk around the gardens before storytime. It was still hot, especially in the sun, but nicer than it would have been after storytime. We left right after storytime and headed to Rollins to drop off some movies to Bran he needed to return. Then home to eat lunch and take a nap (for Avalyn, not me, unfortunately). She didn't sleep long and got up around 2pm, so we decided to play in our new birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa!! Here's a pic:

The new Arctic water table!!! She had a fun time!
Later that day she was also just walking back and forth in the playroom.. doing laps it seemed like, practicing her walking, squatting, standing, bending. She's getting really good at this walking thing and can stand up on her own now (still somewhat wobbly) and continue walking. Very cool!! I think she'll be running by Friday :)  Bran had to take Shawn to the airport after work and then got home close to 5pm. I went out to see Aaron's new house and get him some money, as he's buying the food for the party at his discounted price through his work.. very nice hookup :)

Today I realized that her 3rd tooth has FINALLY CUT THROUGH!!! It only took almost 4 months since the last tooth, but it is now through the gum! Wahoo!!! She won't be toothless forever! No crying or fussing.. it may have even come in yesterday... not sure.. But I stuck my finger in there today and yep - I feel it! You can't really see it yet, but you can feel the sharp little bumps. I just wonder how long it will take the rest of the top ones to come in now.. they're all right there too!! Hopefully not 4 more months!! haha

She's napping now while I blog and then we're headed to Vicky Hatter's house to meet up with my crew lady friends. I haven't seen them since Avalyn was a couple weeks old, when they came to visit, and I ran into Vicky at Publix last week and decided I needed to see them! So, pool playdate is ON!

And, that's the weekly update!! This week is party prep week, so the next post will be after her party with tons of pics!!! Stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment