Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

37 Week appointment

So, we had our 37 week appointment today and everything continues to be on track. I requested an 'exam' to see if I am dilated at all (not usually done until 38 weeks) and I am effaced about 50% but not dilated. He said this was perfectly normal for a first pregnancy. So, we have at least another week to go, but that does not mean that I can't go into labor tomorrow... he would just be surprised if I did.

Otherwise, I've gained 2 pounds since last week (must have been the ice cream, brownies, Tim Tams from Australia - thanks Julia!!) and my grand total is now up to 31 lbs. Not too bad! No swelling, I'm still wearing my wedding ring, and no contractions. I have some Braxton Hicks contractions every once in a while, but that's about it! I've been getting a lot of rest during the day (since I'm not working!) and just trying to relax as much as possible... I've read some good baby books ("On Becoming Babywise".. "Girlfriend's Guide to Surviving the 1st Year of Motherhood"..) and feel ready!!

Next appointment - Wednesday, July 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment