Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I got the job!!!

It's finally official and announceable - I am a Pre-K School Psychologist for Seminole County Public Schools!! I will be working part-time, just 3 days a week (8:00-3:30) and will be starting probably that last week in September. I am very excited to be able to get into my field of study, and stay home a bit with Avalyn (if she ever arrives!) two days a week. It really does feel like the best of both worlds and I am extremely blessed to have been offered this position. It's amazing to see how things just fall into place - God is so good!

Typically, part-time is nonexistent, so I feel very fortunate that a spot opened up at the right time. Not only is this position part-time, it is a job that will not require traveling from school to school. Most school psychologists are assigned 2-3 schools in the county and service those schools as needed during the week. This makes your trunk look like your office (since you have to lug all the test kits and materials around) and doesn't help your gas mileage either! However, this Pre-K position is at our county office annex, in Lake Mary, and I will have a desk and everything! No traveling around, there's a kitchen, private areas for pumping :) and a great team of people to work with!! It's a great position for a person like me (just having a baby) and I only wonder how long they'll have it available!

Today, on a side note, has been interesting for me. I've been very emotional and feel even more irritated with this big belly than usual. I had some weird pelvic pressure pains last night around dinner time, and thought something may be starting, but of course, they stopped. I continue to have lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, but still irregularly and at the same intensity. So, I know it's not the real thing. I suspect I'll be more dilated and effaced tomorrow - maybe they'll say, "go right to the hospital!".... but I'm doubting it. Perhaps her exam will help to bring on the contractions... I know Amber has the 30th down as her day.... :)

We try to walk around the block at night with the dogs (mostly because it's WAY too hot to do it any earlier than 8pm) and I know this helps to 'induce' labor as well. It's so interesting to take note of my body and how much slower I've gotten... I'm so glad to be off work and have everything ready for her to arrive! I couldn't imagine still trying to get the nursery together or do anything more than simple household chores. It wears you down!

So again, we wait and wait.... any little pang of pain send me into this "could this be it?" mentality, only to be disappointed with an irregular pattern that disappears an hour later. I'll let you know how the appointment goes tomorrow (3:30pm...)...

No comments:

Post a Comment